It’s about that time of year again to set the clocks back and check your smoke detectors. This year daylight savings time falls on Sunday, November 6th. With the weather cooling down, it will be time to prep your fireplaces. Here are just a few safety tips:
1) Clean the fireplace of any leftover debris from last year
2) Burn only dry, seasoned hardwood
3) Place fire screen in front of the fireplace to contain embers. This will protect children and pets from getting too close to the fire.
4) Keep newspapers and items at least 3 feet away from the fireplace
5) Make sure you have installed or checked the batteries in your smoke detectors before lighting the fireplace
Be safe and enjoy!