In these days of sand and surf, don’t forget safety:
- Avoid using power equipment on wet hedges, grass and shrubs.
- Keep electronics away from your bathtub or pool. Be sure all outdoor outlets have waterproof covers.
- Keep ladders away from electric wires at a distance of twice the length of the ladder.
- Any downed wire could potentially be electrified. Keep well away and notify PSEG Long Island immediately, anytime at 1-800-490-0075.
- Only run a generator outdoors and away from any windows or vents to prevent the intake of deadly carbon monoxide. Follows manufacturer instructions, particularly regarding the types and number of devices the generator can power.
- Hear thunder? You are close enough to be struck by lightning. Go indoors immediately.
Interested in more? PSEG has 64 ways to make your home a safer place.