Spider –proof your home
Just in time for spring!
Be on the lookout for spiders this time of year. Spiders usually enter homes through exterior vents or cracks around windows and doors. Because they eat other insects, their presence is a clear indication that other bugs are also in your home. To keep your house spider-free, try these tips:
- Vacuum any places that you find spiders. Cracks and corners are most common places that spiders will have egg sacs.
- Keep garbage cans away from your house, spiders linger around them looking for other bugs to catch.
- Keep your home tidy and neat so that the spiders can’t hide in the clutter.
- Spiders hate any citrus smell/taste. Spiders’ taste buds are located in their legs, so dusting with lemon Pledge can defer them from coming in your home as well.
- If you have a pet, keep their food tightly packed in a container so that spiders or other bugs aren’t attracted to it.
- Make sure there aren’t any trees or bushes touching the walls of your house.
As the seasons begin to change, these helpful hints can keep your family and home safe from spiders and other pests.